9. D. Zhu, AJ. Schieferecke, PA. Lopez, DV. Schaffer (2021). Adeno-associated virus vector for central nervous system gene therapy. Trends in Molecular Medicine. Vol 27 (6), p524-537. (Featured as journal cover and Trends talk)
8. D. Zhu*, D. Brookes*, A. Busia, et al., J. Listgarten, D.V. Schaffer (2021). Machine learning-based library design improves packaging and diversity of adeno-associated virus (AAV) libraries. Biorxiv/PNAS (in revision).
7. D. Zhu, P. Trinh, J. Li, GA. Grant, F. Yang (2021). Gradient hydrogels for screening stiffness effects on patient-derived glioblastoma xenograft cell fates in 3D. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A. Vol 109 (6), p1027-1035.
5. D. Zhu, P. Trinh, E. Liu, F. Yang (2018). Biochemical and mechanical gradients synergize to enhance cartilage zonal organization in 3D. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering. Vol 4 (10), p3561-3569.
4. D. Zhu*, H. Wang*, P. Trinh, S. Heilshorn, & F. Yang (2017). Elastin-like Protein-Hyaluronic acid (ELP-HA) Hydrogels with Decoupled Mechanical Property and Polymer Composition for Cartilage Formation. Biomaterials. Vol 127, p132-140.
3. D. Zhu, X. Tong, P. Trinh, J. Lai, & F. Yang (2017). Mimicking Cartilage Tissue Zonal Organization by Engineering Tissue-scale Gradient Hydrogels as 3D Cell Niche. Tissue Eng Part A. Vol 24 (1-2), p1-10. (Highlight in EurekAlert News!)
2. H. Wang, D. Zhu, L. Cai, S. Heilshorn, & F. Yang (2017). Covalently adaptable elastin-like protein-hyaluronic acid (ELP-HA) hybrid hydrogels with secondary thermoresponsive crosslinking for injectable stem cell delivery. Advanced Functional Materials. Vol 27, Issue 28, 1605609 (Featured as journal cover)
1. D. Zhu, D. Brookes, J. Listgarten, DV. Schaffer (2021). Improving Packaging and Diversity of AAV Libraries with Machine Learning. U.S. Provisional Patent. No. 17/453,068.
2. D. Zhu, G. Schmunk, TJ. Nowakowski, DV. Schaffer Adeno-associated virus virions and methods of use thereof. US Patent No. 63, 094,820